Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
TECH Tuesdays (for Members and Volunteers)
Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:30 AM until 11:30 AM
Little Falls Village Office
4701 Sangamore Road, Suite S-232
Bethesda, MD 20816
301 320 3267
We’re excited to announce a fantastic NEW LFV group (for LFV Members & Volunteers) – TECH TUESDAYS – beginning TUESDAY AUGUST 20 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am Class + half hour for personal “TECH HELP” questions.
• This group will meet in the LFV office’s ‘back room,' so space is limited. RSVP by August 16 if you want to attend the first meeting of this group and by the Friday prior to each Tuesday class if you want to attend that class.
• We will start the first August 20 class with iPhone basics. Future class topics will be decided and promoted ahead of each class, focused on teaching smartphone capabilities and topics of interest for class participants. We have a full list of class topics which will be announced so you can choose which to attend.
• Join this group to unlock the capabilities of your smart phones! Each 1-hour interactive class will be followed by a half hour where you can get assistance with your tech questions.
In prep for this first August 20 meeting, please send an email to me with answers to these questions:
(1) Are you interested in attending the TECH TUESDAY class on August 20 or future Tuesday meetings? You will be able to choose which class to attend based on the weekly topic. (RSVPs will be required prior to each class, given the limited space.)
(2) If you are interested in attending the classes, do you have an iPhone or Android?
(3) What are the 5 top things you would want to learn about your iPhone or Android (specify weather Android or iPhone)
The potential list of class topics includes:
• Basic smart phone set-up, functions & settings, including data conservation settings
• Accessibility options
• UBER / LYFT
• Phone calls, video chats
• Texting, contacts
• Taking, organizing & sharing photos & videos
• Podcasts & audio books
• Instagram & Twitter
• News links
• Common problems and how to resolve